Monday, July 2, 2007

A New Saint!

Study for St. Perker, 7" x 10.5", Oil Pastel & Acrylic on Arches, © 2007 Jennie Traill Schaeffer

SOLD


The Coffee Hour Drawings were inspired by this dutiful, gleaming workhorse which provided excellent coffee while inspiring my drawing sessions. This relic of the '70s recently "went to college" as my in-laws often refer to the passing of Wembley, the family dog.

I've heard from so many people upon seeing my painting of a percolator from 2005 how much they love theirs! Each person's description of their bond with the percolator sounds more like a love affair than just an appreciation of its functionality. To honor this great kitchen appliance I've decided to canonize it. Behold St. Perker! Look for more studies and an oil painting in the future.

No comments: