Monday, January 28, 2013

Changing Directions



 
It is with mixed emotions that I share with you the news of TraillWorks' future. Over the past year, many changes have occurred in my personal life, from getting pregnant to the possibility of relocating our family. After much deliberation, we put our home in Newton for sale two weeks ago, and are now under contract. My husband commutes quite a distance to his job and we've decided to relocate to Maplewood, NJ, to enable a better quality of life for our family. With this decision means my transition from running the retail studio space in Newton, to working in a home studio for awhile once my baby is born in May. 

The past seven years that I have been in business in Newton have been rich with experiences. I have met the most amazing people from very loyal customers, supportive business owners in the community, as well as many talented and special artists, many of whom are now friends. Opening up a retail space and gallery was never my intention or dream, but happened out of the necessity for studio space. What transpired has been truly remarkable. I am very proud of the space and services that I have developed and offer to the community, and will be sad to leave it and all of you. However, I'm very excited about the prospect of spending time with my new baby, more time with Joel and my husband, and getting back to the roots of my business - making my own art!

While this is the end of my involvement in Newton with my studio and gallery, I am embarking on the next step in my artistic career. Who knows where this will lead me, but I know good things are in store. And I do hope to keep in touch with many of you.

During the next few months, I will be informing you of my plans. In the meantime, our current exhibit is ending and what will probably be the final exhibit at TraillWorks, EVOLUTION, will be opening. Lessons are continuing through early April, as well as some workshops. There might be some changes to the schedule as I learn more about the closing date on our home and our moving plans. In the meantime, I have listed the studio and gallery for sale on Craigslist. If you or someone you know is interested in taking over the studio and gallery, I would love to talk to them. I'm looking for a business-minded person with a background in art education and art making. Any serious inquiries can be made via email to jennie@traillworks.com.

5 comments:

Martha C. Hall said...

We will miss you terribly, but wishing you well with the next phase of your life. So glad that we have become friends and I know we'll keep in touch!

Elysian Studios said...

I am sure this was a very tough decision, Jennie. I believe you will be very happy with the new direction for you and your family. I plan on keeping in touch with you!

Unknown said...

Thank you Erin and Martha - I'm sure we will stay in touch! Maybe we'll have some collaborations in the future.

Jeanie said...

Hi Jennie,
You have so much to be proud of! You have been a "trai"blazer for new and innovative businesses in Newton. Thanks for that. You will be missed but I know more good things are in the works for you and your family.
You are a terrific artist and should feel a great satisfaction spending more time creating.
Best of luck to you and keep in touch!
Jeanie

lcarlsonjewelry said...

Jennie,
It sounds like you have a new and exciting chapter staring in your life. I am so happy for you. Please let me know if there is anything i can do to help with the fabulous transition. I hope hat we will remain in touch and continue to be friends.
Liesl
www.lcarlsonjewelry.blogspot.com