Friday, February 23, 2007

Coffee Hour Drawing

Simply scrumptious! My husband, Lee, baked up these spectacular cupcakes on Saturday when we had my sister - in - law and brother - in - law for dinner. I had intended on baking them, but spent Saturday running to galleries to pick up and deliver work. I came home and found the batter already made. It was a gorgeous batter.

I found the recipe in our cookbook the Chocolate Bar by New York City's Chocolate Bar founders Matt Lewis and Alison Nelson. It's a fabulous cookbook with all sorts of chocolate delectables. Lee baked 24 Peanut Butter Cupcakes and I made the simple Chocolate Ganache Icing. I set aside the 7 shown in the drawing to use as reference. They are still sitting in my studio waiting for a painting.

The drawing above, titled Coffee and Cupcakes, is my fourth "Coffee Hour Drawing". It is done with conté crayon on Arches paper.


No comments: