Saturday, February 17, 2007

Coffee Hour Drawing


Yesterday I created my third "Coffee Hour Drawing" this week. I had anticipated making 4, but due to the snowstorm this week and a few other prior commitments, I completed 3. I am still intrigued with Red Velvet cake. This is another representation of the rich and naughty dessert.

As I was finishing it, the little nub of white that remained of my Portfolio Series Oil Pastels disappeared and so I was unable to tone down the shadows in the icing as I would have liked. Crayola does not make a white pastel that is sold individually, so I may have to switch to another medium or white a white pastel that works well with the Crayola white. Any white medium used by an artist goes so quickly because it is used with all colors to create an endless range of tints.

No comments: