Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Fantastic Local Art Show Supports a Great Cause

Friday marks the 30th Annual Art Exhibition and Sale to benefit Sparta, New Jersey's Hilltop Country Day School. Each year area artists contribute about eight pieces each for display, along with portfolio pieces (unframed works -- either drawings, small paintings, or prints). Additionally, the school features one acclaimed artist to headline the show each year. This year's artist being Rita Baragona, an acclaimed artist of Columbia, NJ who paints flowers and gardens filled with luminous color and rhythmic strokes expressing patterns of change.

I found out about the Hilltop show from a local artist named, Carole Dakake, when I first moved to Sussex County two years ago. It was, I think, the first show I did in the county and I attribute it with really fast-forwarding my career. I made some sales at that show and more importantly, showing there and networking with both school professionals and parents have brought me even more clients and a strong reputation in the county.

It was one of the best career moves to do that show and so I will be participating again this weekend, showing many of my Italy-themed works.


From San Gimignano, Oil on Panel, 10" x 8", © 2005 Jennie Traill Schaeffer

Artwork displayed includes acrylics, oils, watercolors, graphics, pastel, mixed media, sculpture, and jewelry. 30% of all sales go to support the programs at Hilltop Country Day School.

Join me at the Opening Reception for Champagne and Hors D'Oeuvres from 7 - 10 pm on Friday, October 12th. There is a suggested donation for entry of $10.




View Larger Map

No comments: