Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Home Portrait


"Enchanted Cottage", 10" x 8", Graphite on Arches © 2007 Jennie Traill Schaeffer

I don't advertise this service but have done several home portraits for clients over the past few years. I attempted initially to do some business with real estate agents by offering this service as a closing gift for their clients. However, over time I realized that this is not what I wanted to spend most of my commission time on. As an emerging artist I keep trying new things and finding out more and more what I do want to spend my time working on and ways to make money without selling out.

I don't believe this portrait, "Enchanted Cottage," is selling out. It was a good drafting / drawing exercise as well as a compositional challenge. I'm happy with the resulting work and anticipate the owners returning from their trip to see it.

More tomorrow about a new member of the studio . . .

No comments: