Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year's Acceptance

" . . . a global cousin to the Whitney Biennial show of American Art . . ."
Dan Bischoff, Star Ledger

Photo of Main Gallery, from www.njcva.org. Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. 1/6/08.

Christmas week I was working in the studio feeling overwhelmed by juggling both my business and my baby, when I received a glorious phone call from an intern at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey telling me that I have been preliminarily selected for inclusion in its renowned International Juried Show. Historically speaking, amazing things have happened for me in the midst of frustration.

Adelina Vlas, Assistant Curator of Modern and Contemporary Art at the Philadelphia Museum of Art juried the show. The center will do a final jurying process on the 30th from the actual work. I was in the show in 2006, and the intern reminded me that generally if you are in the preliminary round, your work will be included. The final jurying is to safeguard against misrepresented work.

I hope to see you at the opening reception on Friday, February 13th, 6 - 8pm. Two of my paintings from 2008 will be in the show, pending the final jurying.

No comments: