Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Peters Valley Opening Reception

Peters Valley held the opening reception of the guest artist residency program exhibition on Saturday evening. A good crowd turned up, but you won't be able to see that because I forgot to turn the flash on my camera. I need to take a course in photographing events or brush up on my photo skills to document these events.

Artists, Dave Robinson and Allyn Cantor, talking

The highlight of the evening was a surprise visit from two of the artists I lived with at Peters Valley, David Robinson and Allyn Cantor. I didn't expect anyone else to be there, but they both showed up. And, I had a chance to meet Dave's wife, who I heard many terrific things about.


Jennie in front of Perker Maestá and Our Lady of Perpetual Perking

The work in the show was varied and exceptional, ranging from paintings to birdhouses. Mikal Brutzman the director of the gallery gave a brief overview of the show followed by Jimmy Clark, PV director, introducing all of the artists which was a kind / professional gesture.

The exhibit continues through April 27th if you haven't had a chance to go. Visit Peter Valley's web site for gallery hours.



jennie@traillworks.com
http://www.traillworks.com

No comments: