Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Open

My new studio / gallery in Newton, NJ officially opened on Saturday! My husband and I scrambled last week to get everything prepared for Saturday. I didn't think it would happen, but it did. He almost single-handedly prepared the entire space from laying a floor, painting the walls, repairing molding, and moving everything in (while I was on a weekend trip with my girlfriends). You may be thinking, what the hell was this emerging artist doing while her husband slaved away at her business?

Well, right after I signed the lease for the space I found out I'm pregnant. So, I couldn't do much more than hand tools to my husband. I'm thrilled at the news and the prospect of raising a baby in my studio / gallery. And, I'm eternally grateful to my husband Lee for his tenacity, perfectionism, and support of my business. He doesn't know how lucky I am.

I hope to see you at the gallery sometime. Here are the hours:

Monday - Friday, 10am - 6pm
Thursday, 10am - 8pm
Saturday, 10am - 5pm


jennie@traillworks.com
www.traillworks.com

No comments: