Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Exhibit at Wine Boutique


George's Wine Boutique & Spirits Gallery is a classy, upscale, unstuffy shop in Branchville, NJ that features hard to find wines from smaller vintners, gourmet cheeses and other stuff. Owners, George and Frances Delgado, inaugurated a rotating exhibit of local artists with my paintings and the photos of Agnes Rizzo. George is a certified sommelier and a nationally recognized spirits expert with an approachable personality; Frances is a terrific host and baker.


The exhibit opened on March 15th in conjunction with a wine tasting. A great crowd attended to taste wines, sample cheeses, and buy art.


The exhibit is a great opportunity because of their clientele and the natural pairing of their products and my artwork. What I discovered however is that most of the people who attended were there for Agnes and could not decipher the difference between my paintings and her photos. Ultimately, although I think our work does work together because of similar themes, I don't think I would exhibit again with a photographer.


The exhibit will be up indefinitely until I move into my studio. So if you're in the area, stop by George's. You're certainly going to enjoy the experience and the spirits.

jennie@traillworks.com
www.traillworks.com

No comments: