Saturday, August 30, 2008

Tony Lordi's Kitchen Kitsch

I am pleased to announce that my friend and mentor, Tony Lordi, will be exhibiting at TraillWorks with me in a show titled, Kitchen Kitsch. I met Tony three years ago when a mutual friend, Linda Hirsch, gallery director of the Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council introduced us. Tony was starting a gallery, now called Art at the Mill in Lafayette, NJ, and hired me to gallery sit. Soon after I started working for him, he offered to show my work. This has led to a great relationship; Tony has constantly encouraged me and offered suggestions in marketing and artistic pursuits. I'm so lucky to have a friend in Tony and am thrilled that he is going to show his work opposite mine in my gallery. For more info about the show, click the image above for a larger view.

Exhibit Runs - September 6th - 29th
Meet the Artist - Saturday, September 13th | 5 - 8pm



Coincides with the Tour of Art, a Main Street Newton, Inc. event - 19 artists will be exhibiting at participating merchants / galleries on Spring Street September 6th - 13th. To follow the Tour of Art, maps can be picked up at TraillWorks throughout the week and information tables on Second Saturday. The Taste of Newton is being held on Monday, September 8th. Tickets can by purchased by calling the Greater Newton Chamber of Commerce at 973-300-0433. TraillWorks will be open until 10pm that evening for a preview of Tony's work.

No comments: