This Saturday will be chock full of events in Newton, NJ as Main Street Newton, Inc. presents its first monthly 2nd Saturday, Painted Prose & Poetry. Join me at TraillWorks from 3 - 4pm to meet the chef/owner of NYTimes accoladed Andre's Restaurant. André will be here selling and signing his cookbook, My Dinner at Andre's, as well as offering a sampling of his cooking.
Stay in Newton through the evening for the following:
- 4:30pm - go to Gallery by the Green to hear live readings by Francesca DeStefano, author of Living on Venetian Time
- 5:30 - 6:30pm - go to the Sussex County Arts & Heritage Council Gallery for poetry readings by author, Jean LeBlanc
- Andre’s Restaurant will host an exhibition titled Painted Prose and Pastry, a three-course dessert tasting at the restaurant located at 188 Spring St.
- JC’s Grill House Restaurant, located at 144 Spring St., will offer the Second Saturday Early Bird Special from 4 to 6 p.m.
- Bula Restaurant, located across from TraillWorks, will offer Painted Prose & Pasta
- The Craft Creators, located at 185 Spring St., will have a display of antiquated prints, art work and photos from 5 to 8 p.m. Artist Irena Schaeffer will be on-hand to do character drawings.
- The Chocolaterie, located at 205 Spring Street, will have a chocolate tasting and a chocolate education class.
- The SpringBoard Shoppes at Newton will feature Robin Lennon Inner Designs, original design handmade one-of-a-kind women’s jackets, wraps, scarves, carry bags and other accessories.
- Six local bands will also be playing various genres of music and on or more poets/spoken word artists will entertain guests on the Newton Green. The event titled Something in the Square Youth Concert was organized by local youths.
- Much, much more…