Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Celebrating International Women's Day at TraillWorks


My mom has been the most influential #artist in my success. Though she gave up her own passion for motherhood, she nurtured my artistic interests, supported art lessons, and mostly asserted that I should always pursue my own path. And, I did. Now, thirty years later, she is following her dreams, designing, making, and selling jewelry at TraillWorks, with much success might I add! Not only does she find the time to produce her jewelry, but she is a fantastic grandma (Marmee) to my son, Joel, a supportive wife to my father, and the best mom. Thanks for encouraging me mom, and happy International Women's Day

Silver Ginko Pendant with Pearls and Glass
Pearl and Glass Earrings
by Martha Traill Schaeffer, available at TraillWorks
Who is the most influential or inspirational female artist to you? Please share on our Facebook wall!

No comments: