Monday, February 23, 2009

23rd International Juried Show, Summit

Jennie & Lee in front of the Maestá paintings

The Sussex County contingent (Howie and Carol Tremper, Jennie, and Joanna West) in front of the Maestá paintings

Valentine's Day weekend turned out to be quite an artful time. Friday evening Lee, Joel and I attended the opening reception for the 23rd Annual International Juried Show at the Visual Arts Center of New Jersey. I was impressed by the show and pleased with the placement of my work; the main landing in one of the staircases. My overall impression of the show was that the work seemed to be of a smaller scale than previous years (though mine were some of the larger works and I happen to be local), and agreed with Dan Bischoff's review in the Star Ledger. The show continues through March 27th if you haven't gotten a chance to see it.

Check back for tomorrow's post about the Sweetheart Walk on Valentine's Day; Love did Rock in Newton.

No comments: